DON'T BECOME A Digital dinosaur!
Video for your business is no longer a nice-to-have. It’s a must-have. International research has shown that videos on your website and social media feeds will boost your business by increasing engagement, sales, and SEO ranking. Video currently represents 80% of all internet traffic.
Your customers are clamouring for lots of video content that informs, educates, and engages them. But how can your business answer this demand affordably and without taking precious time away from what keeps you afloat?
Instead of spending thousands of rands, and weeks of time on outsourcing your video to a production company, you can now produce as much content as you like, how you like, when you like. Join us on an epic journey of discovery in our Video Editing Course!
Our unique and easy courses, backed by always-available support, teach you to shoot, edit and share videos using your smartphone.
We can also work with you to develop an effective video strategy, content calendar, and video production diary for your business. And once you’re up to speed creating tons of your own video content we’ll handle your overflow for you with our video editing service.
VIDEO EDITING COURSE
Don't spend a fortune on film and video production costs!
Our smartphone video training course is designed for the up-and-coming Tik Tok, YouTube, and Instagram influencers.
In this course you will learn:
- How to create your own top video using your smartphone
- How to use video tools to edit your own video footage
- How to use Tik Tok, YouTube, and Instagram to place and promote your video
- Video strategy and tactics
- Plus More!
COST: R1,999 EX VAT.
UNLEASH THE POWER IN YOUR POCKET!
Dates & Times
Date: 29 November 2022
Time: 09:00 am to 16:00 pm
Early Bird-R 1 999 Excl VAT
All prices ex.VAT
The courses will be rescheduled if the minimum numbers are not met.
- Certificate for those who attend the full day
- Digital handouts
Workshops, case studies, examples, tools, and templates.
We at the DMA have a generator, if load-shedding occurs throughout the course we will simply rejoin within a few minutes once the generator has continued. Should YOU have load-shedding, we will record the sessions and send them to you afterward, so you don't miss out.
WHAT MAKES OUR COURSE UNIQUE?
We offer short but intensive courses that teach you to produce your own video content using your smartphone. Our unique method teaches you to make video many times faster than traditional film school methods. Instead of burdening you with a bunch of complex concepts and then telling you to apply them, each course is crafted to the specific needs of your industry.
We will massively speed up your video workflow so that you’ll be producing videos within hours or days instead of weeks or months.
We’ll get you making videos in as little as one day.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our courses are a careful blend of theory and practise. The theory is pared down to the bare essentials and developed around a training video made specifically for your industry. This is combined with three practical assignments that you’ll complete:
- Constructing a video story
- Filming visuals that illustrate that story
- Putting it all together in the edit
- Publishing on YouTube or Instagram
- Getting followers
By following this process you will internalise the essential skills of videomaking by doing, not thinking.
This is the basic equipment we recommend you invest in to turn your smartphone into a fully fledged video production facility:
- Stabiliser. Handheld stabilisers will elevate the look of your footage eliminating that handshake that is the hallmark of amateur video footage. Our number one choice is the DJI Osmo mobile stabiliser (https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile).
- Sound. The quality of smartphone cameras is great but their sound recording ability is not. We recommend a lapel microphone such as the Rode Smartlav + (https://www.rode.com/microphones/smartlav-plus) for conducting interviews.
- Tripod. For interviews and static shots, a video tripod is essential. There are so many on the market that it is difficult to recommend a single brand. But this is the key functionality you should look out for:
- stability – lightest is not always best. The tripod should be stable enough to resist shakes and minor wind gusts
- video head – your tripod should have a video head that can pan and tilt
- Tripod mount. To secure your phone safely to your tripod you’ll need a tripod mount. There are many on the market such as the Joby GripTight (https://joby.com/griptight-one-mount)
Important note: we give independent equipment advice and don’t make any revenue from the gear we recommend.
There are dozens of paid-for apps out there on the market that you are welcome to use, however, in this course, we will use KineMaster to teach you how to edit videos.
Make sure you download the KineMaster app before embarking on a course.
Any phone with an HD video camera is suitable for filming.
KineMaster is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The system required is iOS v11.4 or later.
Kinemaster works with most high-end Android phones such as the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime or later. Android compatibility depends on your phone’s chipset.
Kinemaster works best with Android 8.0 and higher.
To check please visit this page: https://support.kinemaster.com/hc/en-us/articles/208509486-What-kind-of-phone-or-tablet-do-I-need-to-run-KineMaster-
USE YOUR PHONE TO CREATE, EDIT AND PUBLISH KILLER CUSTOM-MADE VIDEO! GET STARTED NOW WITH THIS EASY AND QUICK COURSE.
LEARN HOW TO USE YOUTUBE AND INSTAGRAM EFFECTIVELY, AND HOW TO ENGAGE AND GROW YOUR FOLLOWING!
About Dylan Kohlstädt
Dylan Kohlstädt has over 20 years marketing management experience in gaming, insurance, financial and property industries and can be considered a subject matter expert on all things digital.
She has extensive local and international experience (South Africa, UK and Australia), and has managed global and national brands in multiple languages and countries.
Dylan has her IMM (3 years) Marketing Diploma as well as an MBA through Unisa.
She is married and the mother of two young girls and knows the challenges of being a mompreneur. She enjoys surfing and reading as well as playing guitar and painting in her spare time, of which there is very little these days.