DON'T BECOME A Digital dinosaur!
Decisions, decisions....You need a fully functional, sales generating website, but don't know where to begin? There is a lot of information out there, but how do you apply this?
Here at Digital Marketing Academy we designed a course for someone who needs a website but is not a computer wizz, or maybe you have a website, but you have no idea how to maintain, update or generate any sales from it!
Walk out of our course with a website of your own, that you designed! We are going to show you how to build an entire website along with giving you valuable resources that you can apply to all of your marketing campaigns.
A no-fuss, cutting-down-to-the-basics course that will not leave you with more questions, but will have you saying, I've got this!
Suitable for non-technical and technical alike!
WHAT MAKES OUR COURSE UNIQUE?
We offer short but interactive courses that teach you to build your own website using WordPress. Our unique method teaches you to make a website and skip any unnecessary steps that usually do nothing but confuse you. Instead of burdening you with a bunch of complex concepts and then telling you to apply them, each course is crafted to the specific needs of your industry.
We will help you to increase your sales, create awareness to your business and save you a lot of time and money.
When you walk out of this course, you will have a fully functional website and the skills to manage it.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our courses are a careful blend of theory and practice. The theory is pared down to the bare essentials and developed around building a website made specifically for your industry.
In a nutshell, you will be
- Building your very own WordPress website
- Maintaining and securing your website
- Applying SEO
- Setting up a blog and writing blog posts
- Using popular platforms like Mailchimp and Canva
By following this process you will internalise the essential skills of Website design and maintenance by doing, not thinking.
DAY 1 : DIY - DESIGN AND BUILD YOUR WORDPRESS WEBSITE
- About WordPress
- Why Choose WordPress
- Website Checklist
- Domain Names and Hosting
- What makes a good Layout
- How to edit images for your website
- Setting up your hosting and registering your domain
- Installing WordPress
- Choosing your theme and plugins (provided)
- Building your website
- Home page
- Content pages
- Contact page
- Adding images
- Adding text
- And more...
WORDPRESS DAY 2: SECURE AND IMPROVE YOUR SITE
- The importance of maintaining your wordpress website
- Basic security to avoid hacking
- Why you need SEO
- Making your website copy SEO friendly
- Integrating Social Media onto your website
- Optimising your website for Mobile
- How newsletters work and why they are important
- Integrating MailChimp into your website
- Website Migration
- Implementing SEO on your website
- Setting up Google Analytics and Google My Business
- Adding a blog to your WordPress website
- Setting up Mailchimp
- Adding a subscribe button to your website
- And more...
WITH OUR EXPERT HELP, YOU WILL BE DESIGNING YOUR OWN WEBSITE AND HAVE ACCESS TO PREMIUM THEMES AND PLUGINS.
LEARN HOW TO DO SEO (GOOGLE FRIENDLY) , MOBILE WEBSITES, SECURITY, MAINTENANCE, ADD A BLOG, CREATE GRAPHICS AND MORE.